Welcome to Grow Your Lunch, Edible School Garden Specialists
Are you starting an edible school garden and need the advice of trusted experts? OR, does your existing school garden program need support in the following areas?
- Integrating the garden into existing K-12 Curricula and State Standards
- Building and Managing human and financial Resources
- Creating and implementing accurate Program Evaluation methods
- Ensuring Teachers that taking their classes to the garden will be worthwhile
- Building Consistent parent, teacher and Community Involvement
- Creating a functional Layout and Design for the garden, or “Outdoor Classroom”
We invite you to visit our services page to learn more about the support we can offer to your school community. Please feel free to contact us today with any questions about your school garden program.
For the latest news from the garden, check out our blog.
When our students know where their food comes from, and when they learn how to grow their own food at school, they are well on their way to becoming environmental stewards – Paul Chapman, author, “Greening America’s Schools: The Environmental Sustainability Movement in K-12 Education,” Past Head of School, Head-Royce, Oakland, CA (25yrs)
An extraordinarily gifted teacher! – Carolie Sly, Ph.D., education program director, Center for Ecoliteracy, Berkeley, CA
One of the very best facilitators I’ve ever worked with – Ellen Evans, Principal, The Meher Schools, Lafayette, CA
Our consumption of vegetables at lunch time has gone way up since the students have been involved with the planting, cultivating and harvesting in our organic garden. -Ric Keeley, Acre Gourmet School Lunch Programs, San Francisco, CA
Grow Your Lunch makes big ideas manageable and doable -Charlie Denby, Teacher, The Marin Horizon School, Mill Valley, CA
Grow Your Lunch brings garden dreams to life, both in and outside of the classroom -Rae Viscovi, Director of Curriculum, The Town School, San Francisco, CA