“If they cook it, they will try it”
– Lesson learned from kitchen classes at the Edible Schoolyard Project, Berkeley, CA
No, you don’t have to have a kitchen or be a master chef to lead a cooking class! Cooking is relevant to every subject area and is fun for kids of all ages.
This 1/2-day Workshop Covers the Following:
1) Setting up a Mobile Kitchen Classroom – what’s in your toolbox?
2) Proper kitchen Tool Use and Safety when cooking with kids
3) Take away: Recipes and Cooking Activities to do with students using garden fresh ingredients
4) Integrating Cooking into existing K-12 Curricula and Academic Standards